Schedule: PRN as needed
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
1. Fulfill the responsibilities as listed in CLIA ‘88 (42 C.F.R. §493.1495). Additional responsibilities may be defined by applicable laws and regulations.
2. Fulfill the responsibilities that have been reapportioned by the Laboratory/Medical Director as detailed in CLIA ’88 (42 CFR §493.1407). Additional responsibilities may be defined by applicable laws and regulations.
3. If applicable, perform review of anatomic pathology patient samples and quality control and assurance documents.
4. If applicable, perform review of clinical pathology results and quality control and assurance documents.
5. Participate in departmental professional Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities, e.g. Pathologist Competency Assessment Program.
6. Interact with ordering physicians who request to speak with a pathologist.
7. Comply with all Quest Diagnostics policies including but not limited to the following:
a. Observe all policies in “Your Compliance Policy Handbook”
b. Obtain the minimum Continuing Medical Education credits as required by current policy entitled “Professional Benefits/Continuing Education Policy For Physicians”
c. Adhere to existing and new Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as issued by the Best Practice Teams and local business unit, including any standards that exceed the minimum requirements of federal, state and local laws and regulations.
d. Assist Quest Diagnostics in assuring that applicable Quest Diagnostics policies as well as federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations concerning health and safety are met.
Authored by Corporate Anatomic Pathology and AP Best Practices Team page 2 of 3
Reviewed and approved by Corporate Medical and Corporate Human Resources
8. Cooperate with other Quest Diagnostics initiatives and programs that may arise from time to time such as the following:
a. Serve on Quest Diagnostics’ Best Practice Teams, Six Sigma Teams or other specific committees and to participate in and/or direct special projects to meet the professional and business goals of Quest Diagnostics.
b. Maintain timely contact with pathologists and other physicians and scientists, to be responsive to their needs, and to respond in a timely manner to their requests for consultation concerning test methodology and clinical correlation of Quest Diagnostics testing services.
c. Assist in any special project such as test method validation, reference range standardization, safety and quality assurance.
d. Assist Quest Diagnostics in professional liaison with professional societies concerned with clinical laboratory medicine. This includes professional medical associations, governmental agencies, and other regulatory bodies concerned with the nature and scope of clinical laboratory business.