Responsible for contacting the patient and/or responsible party to obtain necessary information to ensure the collection of the hospital accounts receivable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of collection experience with 2 years college or technical training, preferable in hospitals, is desirable, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Clerical and medical terminology courses; with finance or banking courses.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with physician billing specifically 1500 billing