Energizeyour career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
Youdream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact andhelp people. We dream of giving you theopportunity to do just this. And withthe incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can cometrue. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlesslypursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levelsand help people lead healthier lives. Welive for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living itup.
Thisopportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family ofcompanies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6leader.
Optum helps nearly 60million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about theirsymptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system,finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. Noother business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it allwith every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion,Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Positionsin this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer servicesupport to members, potential leads, brokers, customers, and/or providers.Direct phone-based, in person, or digital customer interaction to answer andresolve a wide variety of inquiries. The PatientAcquisition and Retention Advocates are often creating the customer’simpression of the company that is represented and are responsible for actuatingmember retention and facilitating member acquisition. Position will enhancecustomer satisfaction by providing best-in-class telephone, in person, ordigital support for a variety of inquiries, including but not limited to:network benefits, provider group information, health plans accepted by themedical or provider group, finding a provider, qualifying potential leads,capturing contact information for all callers (lead generation), and problemresolution for prospective lead, current members, and other customers. The PARwill always use a professional and pleasant tone in every call treating everycall with care. PAR will answer several phone queues for multiple lines ofbusiness with varied operating hours. This position will support local marketand marketing campaigns through inbound and outbound calls, fulfillment ofmarketing mailers, and digital support. Accurate logging of prospect contactinformation and call results under appropriate campaign in our CRM softwareSalesforce is required.
- Applyknowledge of applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and PerformanceGuarantees when interacting with customers
- Maintainfocus on caller and customer interactions without being distracted by otherfactors (e.g., system usage, pop-up alerts, and VCC data. Do NOT use theinternet for personal use unless on scheduled break.)
- Acknowledgeand demonstrate empathy with callers' life events (e.g., wedding, birth ofbaby, loss of relative, recent illness, questions about OEP or thenetwork/provider group) and validate/confirm callers needs/concerns
- Extensivework experience within own function to be seen as the SME
- Able tocomplete work that is frequently assigned without established/documentedprocedures
- Identifyand correct (where applicable) issues found or partner with the appropriateleader to make corrections, update resource tools, create resource tools, etc.to the knowledge library
- May actas a resource for others
- Maycoordinate others activities
- Responsiblefor gaining market knowledge and an understanding of each market supported(such as geography, structure, philosophy)
- Expertlyhandle multiple brands/care delivery systems
- Beknowledgeable of all campaigns for all lines of business for the respectivedepartment assigned
- Responsiblefor reviewing active campaigns daily/weekly to be familiar with market activityin order to provide accurate and complete information
- Maintainongoing communications with callers during the fulfillment and resolutionprocess to communicate status updates and other required information
- Responsibleto take initiative to continue personal education on each business to stay upto date on network/provider group news in order to best represent them tocustomers and to maintain productivity throughout the work day
- Meetminimum performance metrics monthly
- Adhere toall company and department policies and procedures (e.g., dress code, code ofconduct, attendance, performance metrics)
You’ll berewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Highschool diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ yearsof experience supporting a health care or customer service environment
- Willingnessand ability to work irregular hours as deemed necessary by business need
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Outlook (create, edit and send emails), MicrosoftWord (create, edit and save documents), Microsoft Excel (create, edit and save spreadsheets), Microsoft PowerPoint (create, edit and save presentations)
- Bilingual(English/Spanish primarily, others are also accepted) language proficiency
- Experiencewith Marketing processes
- Experiencewith Salesforce.com software
- Experiencewith Medicare Advantage plans
- 2+ yearsof experience in a call center environment with proven success
- Ability to navigate multiple computer applications and databases
- Abilityto provide excellent customer service over the phone, in writing and in personto a varied customer base including all internal and external customers(e.g.,demonstrate confidence, knowledge, aiming to become a trusted advisor)
- Abilityto maintain a professional and compassionate tone and demeanor at all times
- Abilityto work autonomously and maintain consistent productivity during all downtime
- Abilityto reach and maintain performance metrics as outlined by leadership
- Abilityto be successful in a team environment working well with peers, clients, otherancillary departments, and leadership
- Abilityto work in a complex environment with multiple lines of businesses and markets
OptumCare is committed to creating an environmentwhere physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so,OptumCare provides administrativeand business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practiceswhich are part of OptumCare. Eachmedical practice part and their physician employees have complete authoritywith regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do notinterfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices orany of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is adrug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test beforebeginning employment.
Keywords:Communication, Arizona, Medicare Advantage, Customer Service, healthcare, callcenter, marketing, health plans, patient acquisition, outreach, problemsolving, coordination, documentation, Phoenix, Deer Valley, AZ, Arizona