Looking for a Patient Care Coordinator
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provide the first customer contact for patients who call or come in to schedule an appointment or inquire about our services. Screen calls, recognizing opportunities and facilitating excellent service by providing the information necessary to secure an appointment, sell a product or answer questions. Schedule and confirm appointments.
* Responsible to open and close the office on a daily basis and ensure the front office is staffed and phones are answered during normal business hours. This includes obtaining prior authorization, posting approved signage and forwarding phones in the event the office must close.
* Check messages each morning, after lunch and routinely throughout the day and return calls in a timely manner.
* Track marketing calls and inquiries from initial contact through the point of sale.
* Schedule and register patients according to company guidelines. Coordinate provider's schedule and ensure the smooth and efficient flow of patient care while in the office.
* Check patients in and out, collect and record payments, track revenue and accounting activities to include: change box reconciliation, end of day close, bank deposits, posting
of charges, entering invoices, payments and insurance contract information. Balance account daily and monthly with reporting to corporate.
* Conduct outbound telemarketing calls to patients.
* Demonstrate and sell ALDs, batteries and other special products
* Perform minor hearing aid repairs as allowed by state law such as battery door or receiver checks. Cleans tips, specula, etc.
* Verify patient information, billing/insurance data, request third party prior authorization as needed, forward appropriate documentation to central billing and maintain patient charts to include the filing of all patient records.
* Participate in grassroots marketing efforts to include phone marketing campaigns, compiling physician packets, coordinating community lectures, recall letter, distribution of patient comment cards, etc.
* Prepare for special events by following call scripts, meeting or exceeding minimum daily calls and setting appointments in accordance with the published and signed event guidelines. Failure to follow the signed event guidelines will be considered a
* Work with insurance and workman's compensation agencies to facilitate authorizations and benefit verification.
* Maintain all daily, weekly and monthly reports and tracking documents as directed.
* Respond to corporate requests for billing, patient and accounting information.
* Responsible to ensure the reception and waiting area is well maintained.
* Responsible for a variety of administrative tasks to include typing, filing, inventory, mail and verifying the status of and checking in hearing aids and repairs.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Experience with word processing and database software.
* Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem- solving skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Basic understanding of accounting procedures and good math aptitude.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability to input and track sales revenues and balance accounts daily and monthly.
Required Education and Experience
* A minimum of 2 years in office management in a customer driven industry.
* An associate degree in administrative, accounting, sales or customer-oriented field or equivalent work experience.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Must be flexible on start time depending on company needs
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.