Provide basic physical and/or personal care to specified patients under the direction of a licensed nurse and in conformance with hospital policy and procedures.
- CNA certification preferred upon hire. BLS Certification by the American Heart Association
- High School Graduate (or equivalent) preferred
- Previous experience as a patient care technician preferred.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.