The Critical Care Technician works with the RN's in the ICU to provide care to patients. They have special skills beyond those of a Patient Care Assistant for example, they can perform venipuncture, dress wounds, removal staples and sutures, and measure peak expiratory flow rate.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of oneof the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT or Paramedic preferred).
- One year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital or EMT field/Emergency Care Setting required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, maintaining certification is preferred.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining certification is preferred.