I. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/licensed Nurse, this position will assist with routine and repetitive patient care activities in the assigned department. This position also performs specific clerical, organizational and patient focused activities. The patient focused tasks will be supportive in nature.
II. CORE VALUES:
A. Dignity: respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved.
B. Integrity: demonstrates honesty, justice and consistency in all relationships.
C. Excellence: demonstrates high standards of service and performance.
D. Compassion: demonstrates service in a spirit of empathy, love and concern.
E. Stewardship: demonstrates wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.
III. KEY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Assists with the admission, transfer and discharge of patients. Completes pertinent documents. (E)
B. Assures that all patient belongings accompany the patient home at time of discharge. (E)
C. Safely transports patients as required. (E)
D. Maintains security/confidentiality when transporting patients and interacting with family and visitors. (E)
E. Cleans, procures, and returns equipment and supplies.
F. Assist Licensed personnel in providing a safe and comfortable environment at all times. (E)
G. Perform unit specific patient care tasks in accordance with skills checklist. (E)
H. Assist with the maintenance of stock items according to established inventory when needed. Keeps department supplies in an organized and orderly fashion. (E)
I. Respond appropriately to emergencies. (E)
J. Communicate effectively with other team members. (E)
K. Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department. (E)
L. Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served. (E)
M. Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of Santa Rosa Health Care. (E)
N. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
2. Must have completed a Nursing Assistant program and have the skills on the skills checklist.
1. Patient care experience in an acute care hospital, preferred.
2. Knowledge of the hospital environment: is required.
1. CPR certification is required.
1. Must have the physical and mental ability to perform the skills on the skill checklist.
2. Must have the ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions and to maintain nursing records and charts.
3. Ability to interact professionally with patients and families.
4. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Works in a modern, smoke free, temperature controlled facility.
2. Must adapt to rapidly changing workload and frequent interruptions.
3. Ability to stand and walk 90% of working hours.
4. Requires physical stamina to lift and move patients.
5. May be exposed to body fluids and infectious disease.
6. May be floated to other units as needed.
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
G. Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.