Combinetwo of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture ofperformance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leadingedge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here,innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare dataavailable wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's noroom for error. Join us and start doing yourlife’s best work.SM
The Financial Assistance Advisor- Patient Concern Liaison is responsible for processing patient concerns,financial assistance applications, and customer service calls. This positionwill manage and interact with patients and operational departments to addressand resolve concerns arising from billing and collections process within theCustomer Service department of the Single Business Office for John Muir Health.
Makes oneself fully available to the patient/ customer, particularly ifthe patient/customer is going through a critical or challenging period thatrequires JMH support. Takes actions beyond normal expectations by providingsuperior quality of care and service. Prevents problems from re-occurringthrough patient/customer education and/or by addressing faulty procedures orimproving upon current work.
Asks a series of clarifying questions to get to the root of a need,situation, problem, or opportunity. Calls on others to get their perspective,background knowledge, information, and experience. Anticipates and prepares forquestions, reactions, objections, or misunderstanding when key assumptions arenot shared. Adapts communication style and medium to suit both the message andthe audience. Contacts patient to schedule visit and keeps patient updated ofchanges to schedule.
Patient/Customer Experience • High Reliability
Demonstrates an open, personal and team commitment to safety andfosters highly reliable performance. Consistently uses professional, accurate, clear and timelyverbal, written, and electronic communication to the patient or customer andother team members. Thinks things through to ensure actions are the bestpossible. Focuses on details at hand to avoid unintended errors.Reportsconcerns and errors using department-approved tools and processes.
Patient/Customer Experience • Service Recovery
Demonstrates the ability to use the "HEART" model inperforming service recovery. Consistently uses the steps of:
• Hear the Story
Quality & Performance Improvement
Adheres to standard policies and procedures. Strives to surpass pastperformance levels. May focus on new or more precise ways of meetingperformance objectives than those set by management. Participates in Qualityimprovement processes.
Works well with others. Collaborates effectively by keeping teammembers informed about developments or action that may affect them or the team.Participates in team discussion to ensure that patient care/customer service isdelivered in an effective and collaborative manner. Demonstrates commitment toJMH's Core Values.
Patient Accounts -Financial
• Monitor and resolve patient financial applications withindepartmental timeframes , guidelines and procedures.
Patient Accounts - Customer Service
• Monitor and resolve patient concerns, received in writing, escalatedby Customer Service Specialists, or arise from communication with vendors.
Department Operations • QA
Track all department notification issues for quality assurance
Patient Accounts -Customer Service
• Coordinate with appropriate internal departments and ensure timelyfollow-up and resolution to patient concern inquiries.
• Act as Customer Service Specialist I as needed upon Supervisorrequest.
Work Assignment - Customer Service
• Consistently meet the current productivity standards by managing ahigh number of patient issues and financial assistance applications andapplying accurate and complete independent problem solving skills to personallyresolve patient questions.
Patient Accounts - Financial
• Refer patient charge inquiries or care concerns to appropriateclinical staff, when appropriate.
Leadership Functions - Goals and Objectives
• Provide individual contribution to the overall team effort ofachieving the department AR goal.
Department Operations - Improvement
• Identify opportunities for system and process improvement and submitto management.
Confidentiality - Competency
• Demonstrate knowledge of John Muir Health System Health InsurancePortability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy standards and ensurecompliance with system Protected Health Information (PHI) privacy practices.
Confidentiality - Joint Commission
• Complies with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act(HIPAA) and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations(JCAHO) standards as well as the rules and regulations for any outsidegovernment regulatory agency, including the processing of appropriate forms andpaperwork.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in anenvironment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what ittakes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other rolesyou may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 4+ years of Healthcare Industry experience
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- Knowledge of PC applications including Ability to create and modify spreadsheets, documents, and emails within Microsoft Office including Excel (create and edit data in spreadsheets), Word (create and edit documents), and Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- 2+ years of Revenue Cycle – Billing follow up
- Knowledge of EPIC applications
- Bilingual in English and any other language
- Experience using Ten key by touch
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.sm
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Prior Authorization Coordinator, prior authorization, Medical Insurance, Healthcare Industry, Authorization, Concord, CA, California