Energizeyour career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
Youdream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact andhelp people. We dream of giving you theopportunity to do just this. And withthe incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can cometrue. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlesslypursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levelsand help people lead healthier lives. Welive for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living itup.
Thisopportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family ofcompanies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6leader.
Optum helps nearly 60million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about theirsymptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system,finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. Noother business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it allwith every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion,Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Patient Access Service Functions
- Accurately and courteously collects all patient demographic,financial, and clinical data in a timely manner in accordance with departmentand facility guidelines and procedures.
- Performs point of service collections and patient payments
- Performs cashiering duties following cash handling policies andprocedures as outlined in the department al policies and procedures.
- Obtains service authorizations from third party payers whennecessary and appropriate
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of payment mechanisms,including but not limited to payment plans charity care, point-of servicediscounts, cash deposit requirements and specialty programs
- Obtains agreement from the patient on the type of mechanism thepatient will use to pay for patient-owed amounts.
- Disseminates information to the patients concerning necessaryarrival times, third party coverage information, required authorizationsconsents, forms and other necessary paperwork.
Department and Customer Relations
Communicates in a calm, courteous and professional manner with alloutside review organizations, representatives of third party payors or otherbusiness entities
Communicates in a calm, courteous and professional manner with allpatients and their family members, facility guests, physicians clinical staff and co-workers.
Accompanies patients to the clinical service when necessaryand appropriate
Ensures minors have a parent or guardian listed as guarantoras appropriate
Applies appropriate measures for privacy and confidentiality whendiscussing patient information
- Effectively utilizes department software and hardware specific tojob function
- Meets productivity standards, quality review expectations, unitspecific goals and reporting requirements as assigned.
- Is responsible for the accurate and timely collection of patientdemographic and clinical data in accordance with department and facilityguidelines and procedures
- Works closely with clinical staff, following department guidelinesand procedures, for clinical patient assessment protocols, escalation andobtaining patient 1nformat1on under emergent conditions
- Provide individual contribution to the overall team effort of achievingthe department AR goal.
- Identify opportunities for system and process improvement andsubmit to management.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in anenvironment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what ittakes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other rolesyou may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- Knowledge of Healthcare, insurance, and authorization requirements
- 1 year Insurance Plan Payment Practices and Billing requirements
- 2+ years of experience in a medical office
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) experience
- Excellent spelling / grammar skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to respond to a variety of circumstances with flexibility,sometimes under difficult circumstances
- Able to work in an established time frame with attention detailand accuracy
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as part of ateam
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to gain experience in newsoftware programs as needed
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transformthe Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it'shappening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never beensolved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securelywherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easilybe put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lowercosts for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together tomake positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is anEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: electronic health records, Medical Insurance, HealthcareIndustry, Authorization, Concord, CA, California