Entrance screener will screen all visitors and vendors entering the hospital and will refer to the COVID-19 guidelines and direction of Infection Prevention, Risk and Incident Command Center to screen for symptoms of COVID-19. This position is involved in conducting temperature reading and pandemic questionnaire for acceptance into hospital environment. Position will be based at designated entrances to the hospital (Main Entrance, ED Entrance, and Med Plaza Building) as well as other campus locations. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use a touchless thermometer to obtain a temperature reading of all individuals entering the facility. Proficient in operating thermometer and troubleshooting error codes and other thermometer problems.
- Follow the CDC COVID-19 guidelines to determine if an individual is clear to enter the facility. Explains to individuals visiting the facility the need for screening; prevents visitors from entry into the facility if screening criteria is not met.
- Comfort level with managing resistance to visitor guidelines, if required.
- Ensure individuals maintain appropriate social distancing of 6 feet as recommended by the CDC during temperature screening process.
- Screening employees are provided Personal Protective Equipment such as medical masks. Must use PPE correctly.
- Carries out interventions safely and in compliance with screening guidelines to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes such as safe hospital entry.
- Carries out delegated patient care activities appropriate for a screener and communicates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Assists with patient/visitor wayfinding within the facility.
- Delivery of materials to specific departments.
- Contacts units/departments to obtain visitor clearance when needed.
- Actively participates and demonstrates effective Customer/Guest Relations.
- HIPAA: Maintains confidentiality of all personnel and patient matters.
- Complies with the hospital's Corporate Compliance Program including, but not limited to, the Ethical Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or GED
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Requires knowledge of hospital layout and locations.
- One year hospital expereince preferred