ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Checks in patients and informs clinical staff of patient arrival.
- Provides and explains paperwork for the patient to complete prior to examination.
- Collects, proofs for completeness, and files patient forms. Updates demographics and insurance information in the system. Collects co-pays and balances; provides receipt.
- Answers, screens, and responds to routine questions, routes to appropriate personnel, or take thorough messages.
- Checks patients out after examination. Schedules returning appointments in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. Provides patients with appointment details such as time, location, directions, instruction sheets, and other details.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some receptionist or office experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft (Outlook, Office Word, and Excel) required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.