A Patient Services Representative is responsible for answering incoming calls, greeting patients, registering patients and maintaining accurate electronic medical records. The position relies heavily on customer service skills, multi-tasking and problem solving abilities. Patient Services Representative must have a clear understanding of basic medical and insurance terminology.
- Greet and register patients
- Answer telephone
- Collect co-payments and manage daily cash control
- Maintain and document accurate patient records
- Perform daily patient follow up phone calls
- Maintain organized work flow to optimize patient throughput and overall satisfaction
- Maintain an understanding of Insurance plans, deductibles, in/out network status, Tower Health Urgent Cares fee schedule, refund policies, NOPP, HIPAA, financial policy and other applicable policies
- Constant positive customer service
- Accepting, recording and verifying insurance information
- Scanning documents into EMR
- Other administrative tasks related to the efficient and organized operations of the front desk
- Reports to the Director of Revenue Cycle
-High School Diploma (required) Or Associates Degree (preferred)
-Excellent communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent customer service skills, strong clerical skills, strong knowledge of computer navigation skills, ability to type proficiently, ability to utilize a multi-function telephone systems, ability to multi-task, cash control, understanding of insurance plans and medical terminology, work independently and accomplish daily activities with little supervision, organized and detail oriented.
-Experience with Navinet (preferred)