Valley Forge Surgical Associates, MOB 2 Suite 301 has an opening for a Patient Service Representative. We are a busy 5 surgeon surgical office. We are currently looking for a team player to join our dedicated, caring and hard working staff to serve our patients and their families. If you are looking for a rewarding career in a pleasant working environment, we would love to meet you.
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for:
- Patient registration
- Customer service
- Clerical support
- Accepting, recording and verifying insurance information
- Obtain Insurane Referrals
- Collecting copays and account balance payments
- Scanning documents into EMR and other administrative tasks related to the efficient operations of the department
- Incumbents must ensure contact with patients, families, the community, vendors, coworkers and physicians is carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful and considerate manner
- The Patient Services Representative is also expected to complete other responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner as needed or assigned
*High School Diploma or GED (Required)
2 year / Associate Degree (Preferred)
Certification and Licensure Requirements
BLS Certification (may be Preferred or Required based on departmental needs)
CPR Certification (may be Preferred or Required based on departmental needs)
Experience and Skills
1 or more years of experience using an electronic medical record and billing system (Preferred)
1 or more years of experience working in a related field or position (Preferred)
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong clerical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong computer navigation skills
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to utilize multi-line telephone systems,
- Ability to multi-task
- Work under stress
- Work independently and accomplish daily activities with little supervision
- Organized and detail oriented
01. COMMITMENT TO COMPASSIONATE CARE: (a) Engages on an emotional, spiritual and intellectual
level. (b) Promotes the three levels of care in the patient experience: Competence: what I do; Courtesy: what I
say; Compassion: what I feel. (c) Places the patient first. (d) Recognizes and manages patient perceptions.
02. COMMUNICATOR: (a) Shares information openly. (b) Gives and receives constructive feedback.
03. GOAL ACHIEVER: (a) Sets reasonable, challenging goals in conjunction with manager/supervisor. (b)
Holds self accountable. (c) Takes action on performance data.
04. INNOVATOR: (a) Seeks creative ways to solve problems. (b) Turns mistakes into learning experiences.
(c) Challenges the status quo when appropriate.
05. RESOURCEFUL: (a) Uses time effectively and respects the time of others. (b) Demonstrates the ability to
‘shift gears’ quickly.
06. TEAM-ORIENTED: (a) Supports a work environment that fosters mutual respect and trust. (b) Supports a
culture of teamwork; fully communicate business issues.
07. ATTENDANCE: (a) Reports to work and leaves work at scheduled times; follows departmental
lunch/break schedules. (b) Call offs are within acceptable guidelines, follows the appropriate call off
08. COMMITMENT TO KEEP PATIENTS SAFE: (a) Follows and supports practices that keep patients free
from harm, including hand hygiene and medication safety. (b) Identifies and reports conditions that might
cause patient harm. (c) Actively participates in improving patient safety. (d) Obtain the flu vaccine each year.
Physical Requirements and Physical Demands
'According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is possible that requirements may be modified to
reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose
serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the
1. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
2. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
3. Writing: Must be able to accurately document pertinent information either by writing or typing.
4. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and
Continuously within shift (67-100%): Sitting.
Frequently within shift (34-68%): Standing, Walking, Reaching above head.
Occasionally within shift (1-33%): Bending, Squatting, Balancing, Pulling with force, Lift from floor level up, Lift
above shoulders/head, Lifting 20 lbs. maximum and frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to
May be exposed to blood borne pathogens - Low Risk
May be exposed to communicable diseases
May be exposed to moving mechanical parts
May be exposed to toxic, caustic, chemicals, and / or detergents