Patient Services Mgr- Horsham, Pennsylvania - M-F occasional weekend
Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important – it is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can help us make a real difference.
Responsible for the management of employees in multiple departments or multiple locations (PSC's) in a satellite operation. Responsible for the quality of services and technical procedures, and the overall patient experience. Ensures compliance with applicable testing requirements, regulations and departmental budgets. Typically reports to a Managing Director or Business Director at a smaller site
1. Formulates operating objectives, goals and strategies for assigned facilities.
2. Conceives and implements new methods for providing more economic and efficient services.
3. Monitors customer reaction to quality of services and implements action when required.
4. Maintains liaison with all appropriate functions and departments to ensure that service functions are meeting operational support needs.
5. Manages supervisory staff in the performance of their duties.
6. Ensures adherence to compliance guidelines.
7. Responsible for monitoring budgets of various departments or locations.
8. Reviews the profitability of patient service centers and makes appropriate decisions regarding their continued operation.
9. Coordinates operating plans and activities with the logistics, marketing and other satellite operations to ensure a cohesive effort.
10. Manages all locations under supervision to ensure profitability and takes appropriate cost cutting actions as necessary.
may supervise PSC supervisors and/or phlebotomists directly.
• BS in business or life sciences.
• 6+ years experience in field operations of laboratory or related healthcare endeavor.
• at least 3 years in a supervisory role
• Valid drivers license
• Good communications skills
• PC skills – WORD, EXCEL