Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma - Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Supervise N OKC and Edmond Patient Service Center (PSC)/In- Office Phlebotomy (IOP) operations for the Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma.
Responsible for daily operations of all assigned facilities, PSC’s and in-office phlebotomy.
Oversee safety, maintenance, and cleanliness of facilities (including upgrades, repairs, etc.)
Implement SOP’s for phlebotomy services in accordance with DLO guidelines
Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State, and local licensure requirements are met, working with the QA officer
Perform site visits at all assigned PSC’s/IOP’s. Document findings.
Hold regularly scheduled meetings for dissemination of all information to staff.
Track/enter time/attendance of employees.
Prepare month-end reports
Investigates/resolves and responds to customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
Prepares schedules with minimal overtime for employees and floaters. Maintains adequate coverage for all locations.
Oversees inventory process for supervised facilities.
Responsible to ensure Quest improvement and or standardization initiatives are implemented
Relocate/open/close PSC’s and IOP’s.
Participate in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees
Responsible for training, coaching, supervision, and development of staff
Monitor on-going performance of employees, provide corrective action and counseling as required. Perform appraisals.
Assist in preparation of annual budgets for areas of responsibility.
Maintain budget control throughout the year.
Participates to assure fiscal responsibilities of the department are met.
Assist in growing volume of patients using the PSC’s.
Maintain relationships with clients assisting them with resolving any PSC issues as they arise.
Participate on process improvement teams, or other initiatives to meet management objectives.
Organize and lead project both within the work group and with cross-functional groups. May be required to lead groups.
Ensure cooperation and maintain communication between Patient Services and other departments within DLO
All other duties as assigned, within scope of the position.
Demonstrate and live the Values of DLO.
Required Knowledge: Must have knowledge of phlebotomy methods/skills and patient service center operations.
Preferred knowledge of training and development programs
2+ years prior supervisory or group lead experience preferred.
5+ years of experience of phlebotomy required
Demonstrated leadership experience
Keyboard/data entry application
PC experience, MS Office application
Customer service in a service environment
Leadership of a group of employees
Implementation of training initiatives
Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends; holidays; on call; overtime
Must have valid driver license and clean driving record
Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
is able to manage concerns of patients and clients in a professional manner;’
Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise consistent, independent, solid decisions.
May require long periods of standing, sitting, or PC use.
Extensive use of telephones.
Ability to work with fellow supervisors in standardizing operations.
Quest Diagnostics: Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important – it is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can help us make a real difference.
Oversee functions of Patient Services that may include Mobile Phlebotomy, In Office Phlebotomy and Patient Service Centers. The Supervisor will have responsibility for all activities of the function including but not limited to, training of all personnel, all daily operations and staffing of PSCs. Ensure maintenance of a safe, professional environment in all facilities supervised.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for daily operations of all assigned facilities, PSCs, mobile and in-office phlebotomy.
• Implements SOPs for phlebotomy services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
• Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State & local licensure requirements are met, working with the QA and Medical Director's offices.
• Ensures all Laboratory testing QA/QC documentation is complete and reviewed as required.
• Oversees safety, maintenance, and cleanliness of facilities (including upgrades, repairs, etc.)
• Performs site visits at all assigned PSCs/ IOPs and mobile phlebotomy sites and document findings. Performs QA audits. Site visits scheduled appropriately to provide adequate supervision.
• Relocate/open/close PSCs, IOPs and RRLs.
• Oversees inventory process for supervised facilities.
• Participates in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees.
• Responsible for training, coaching, supervision and development of staff.
• Monitors on-going performance of employees; provides corrective action and counseling as required. Performs mid-year and annual performance appraisals.
• Holds regularly scheduled meetings for dissemination of all information to staff.
• Ensures all employees meet requirements for driving on company business.
• Tracks/enters time/attendance of employees.
• Prepares schedules with minimal overtime for employees and floaters. Maintains adequate coverage for all facilities.
• Prepares month-end reports.
• May perform training and onboarding of new Clients.
• Investigates/resolves and responds to customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
• Responsible to ensure Quest improvement and/or standardization initiatives are implemented.
• Assists in preparation of annual budget for areas of responsibility. Maintain budget control throughout the year in areas of responsibility.
• Supervisor participates to assure fiscal responsibilities of the department are met. This includes implementation of cost containment programs, management of overtime, and participation in standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital expenditures.
• Participates on process improvement teams, or other initiatives to meet management objectives.
• Organizes and leads projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups. May be required to give presentations and speak in groups.
• Demonstrates and lives the Values of Quest Diagnostics.
• All other duties as assigned, within scope of the position.
Direct Supervision of 5 or more people
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of progressive leadership experience required.
Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California.
2+ years prior supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership experience
5+ years’ experience in phlebotomy, laboratory or other healthcare environment
Physical and Mental:
Extensive use of phone and PC
Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details.
Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, on call and overtime.
Must have valid driver license and clean driving record.
Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
Proficient PC skills including experience using MS Office applications.
Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise consistent, independent, sound judgment.
Must be able to manage individuals in multiple geographies/locations
Position requires travel.