We are looking for a Payroll Administrator to join one of our clients in Downtown Portland. This is a direct hire opportunity, offering a robust benefits package.
* Prepare and submit payroll
* Ensure all employees are paid on time via live check or direct deposit
* Screen time-worked inputs for calculating, coding, or other errors
* Calculate and process Federal & State tax and social security with-holdings along with other deductions including insurance, benefits, 401(k) contributions and company match
* Review and process payroll adjustments, including vacation, sick and other time off
* Collect banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays
* Maintain knowledge of rules and laws which govern payroll administration practices including taxation, benefits, and state & federal regulations
* Ensure that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies
* Perform actions necessary to track and determine regular and overtime pay, and factors commission-based income or bonuses into an employee's salary
* Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
* Generate accrual entries as needed
* Reconcile errors and maintain/document all payroll records
* Conduct semi-annual audits of all payroll records
* Reconcile general ledger regarding payroll transactions
* Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll
* Field and respond to payroll inquiries and resolves discrepancies
* 2+ years of experience in a similar role
* Ability to maintain and manage a high level of confidentiality regarding personnel information.
Ledgent Finance and Accounting is part of the Roth Staffing family of Companies, which is one of the largest, privately held staffing companies in the country. We are proud of being the only staffing company recognized with all industry's top awards for - The Best Staffing Firm to Work for, The Best Staffing Firm to Temp for and the Best in Client Service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.