For over 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. With offices throughout the United States and in Canada, we are independent and a privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients.
Our National Office is searching for a Payrool Coordinator (26quot;Coordinator26quot;). The role is currently remote but will eventually be based in our Hamilton NJ office.
The Coordinator reports to the Senior Payroll Associate and has accountability for payroll data processing and reporting. They will work closely with the Senior Payroll Associate and others in Financial Services to ensure that employees are paid accurately and that payroll-related reports are prepared promptly and accurately. The Coordinator will provide hands-on support to the payroll function and Financial Services projects as assigned. The Coordinator interacts with Human Resources and a diverse audience to include consultants and executive staff to answer questions and identify potential payroll issues.
The Coordinator exercises initiative and good judgement in knowing when to question a payroll issue and whom to go to for guidance to resolve the issue. They are an effective team player who works to meet their work commitments with a high attention to details and quality. They also contribute to the diversity, equity and inclusion of the business unit26rsquo;s and Company26rsquo;s work environment.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Collecting and verifying time sheets.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Analyzing HR files for accuracy before upload.
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Analyzing compensation-related data including wages and bonuses.
- Processing transfer of payroll to ADP (9 Company codes) and ADP Canada.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Answering employees26#39; questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Preparing periodic payroll and other relevant ad-hoc reports.
- High school diploma/GED and/or degree in Accounting or related quantitative discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in a professional services and/or progressive corporate environment.
- Experience working in a payroll department performing a variety of administrative tasks that includes generating reports, analyzing and quality assuring payroll data, and interacting with employees and others to answer questions or resolve basic payroll issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and relevant financial software; advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented, quantitative/math skills, communication (oral/written) skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will be client service oriented; demonstrate initiative; excercise effective time management skills and ability to juggle and meet multiple deadlines. They will have effective interpersonal skills, demonstrate an ability to work well in teams and independently; as well as have excellent communication (verbal/written) skills.
Diversity & Inclusion at Segal
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.