Payroll II Analyst- Secaucus, New Jersey - MON - FRI
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The incumbent(s) have the full responsibility and ownership to administer payroll independently for approximately 44000 employees. Incumbent is expected to have the overall knowledge of laws related to processing payroll including understanding and administering the federal, state and local tax withholdings and setting up of garnishments as ordered by courts and authorities. Must provide “full service” payroll to all employees and be able to work with minimum supervision. Responsibility also includes loading and auditing time and attendance and special payment files in the system and printing checks. Administers company policy and ensures compliance to FLSA and state wage payment laws. Reports to the Corporate Payroll Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews activity report and independently analyzes each activity and take the follow up steps on each for accurate paycheck calculation.
- Sets up federal, state and local tax complying with the law. Must understand reciprocal state tax laws, as well as local taxation requirements in many states.
- Performs the file transfers of Time and Attendance hours, researches invalid data and reconciles file totals.
- Analyzes government or court orders and establishes garnishment limits, disposable pay and eligible earnings for deductions on employee payroll records for all Quest locations.
- Sets up employee direct deposits, voluntary deductions, garnishments, mail drops. Audits the data entered daily for accuracy.
- Reviews all Payroll audit reports and research exceptions.
- Administers Pay Card issuance by assigning cards and uploading the data on the vendor data base to issue Pay Cards. Also, works with the vendor to resolve issues related to the employee Pay Card transactions.
- Reviews reports on HCM Oracle Employee Self Service activities and performs the necessary follow up with employees.
- Generates queries and remits employee deductions withheld for QuestPac, United Way, etc. by requesting accounts payable checks or wire transfers. Follows up to ensure funds have been wired.
- Produces the accounts payable garnishment register and reconciles garnishment payments made by AP to the deduction amounts on payroll.
- Responsible for reviewing the Positive Pay file, notifying the payroll bank of direct deposit recalls and the notification of Quest employees of account number changes that are required for direct deposit. And performs other on-line banking functions.
- Prints bi-weekly checks, advices and reports on laser printers and seals forms on special sealer equipment. At year-end, prints W-2 forms and maintains the files to produce W-2 reprints for employees who have misplaced their forms.
- Reconciles W-2 and reviews for the final release. Prepares W-2c to amend the original W-2.
- Reconciles manual paychecks/advices against the report for mailing.
- Responds to employee payroll inquiries as needed on the Payroll Customer Call Center hotline, which may include investigating issues and consulting with group leads or supervisors.
- Provides support on the Payroll Customer Call Center hotline to the Managers from all business units, by consulting and resolving issues on the WorkForce Central time keeping system.
- Works with the collection agency to process collection of monies due from terminated employees.
- Assists in special payroll projects as required by the department or upper management.
Skills and Qualifications:
BS or BA preferred; CPP/FPC preferred; good PC skills helpful; prior 5 years of full-service payroll experience minimum. Oracle HCM Cloud knowledge and experience a plus.
Key Contacts and Interfaces:
HRSC, Garnishment vendors