Payroll Lead - Customer Service - Secaucus, New Jersey
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The incumbent(s) has a desire to learning within the workplace embraces change. Highly analytical with a sharp focus on detail and accuracy; able to think logically yet broadly to solve immediate issues, identify and diagnose root cause of processing issues, and take a leadership role in driving improvements and efficiencies. Able to utilize all tools available to deliver timely and accurate results in a fast paced, high volume organization. Highly capable of successfully engaging and leveraging the expertise of assigned team members as well as entire Corporate Payroll Team. Knowledge of payroll administration, controls, governance, and accounting best practices with established track record and desire for keeping current. Strong focus on customer service, working as a supportive escalation expert to the HR Shared Services Center and a valued partner to other COEs and HR Business Partners as required. Administers company policy and ensures compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads in bi-weekly payroll closing process within Oracle HCM Cloud, with support of Supervisor
- Supports Payroll Operations team daily.
- Able to run customer service reports.
- Assist in daily incoming phone calls, emails and service requests.
- Ensures that we are providing high level of customer service and accuracy in responses regarding all payroll related requests.
- Analyzes government or court orders and establishes garnishment limits, disposable pay and eligible earnings for deductions on employee payroll records. Ensures accurate results.
- Communicate and implement process improvements for payroll and associated training sessions; provide communication strategy for new programs within the payroll team.
- Performs or acts as a back-up for the earning and deduction file transfer process for time and/or pay files for calculation of the bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist and distributes transactional work within the team. Audits the transactions by assigned team.
- Participates in the testing of various functional activities as it relates to break fix or system updates in collaboration with Payroll Systems team by reviewing related documents, reviewing impact on payroll team and employees. Recommends other follow up actions to supervisors and/or manager as appropriate.
- Processes incoming W2 requests and other requests as needed.
- Assist in handling incoming Verification of Employment.
- Log calls using our ticketing system, handle and resolve incoming service requests in a timely manner.
- Contribute to helping and training other staff members to submit or adjust timecards.
- Actively participates in the scheduling and coordination of phone schedule.
- Research escalation issues within payroll inquiries as requested by employee or leadership inquiries, which may include investigating issues using prior experience, internal SOPs, BNA or other payroll resources
- Assists in testing system updates and special payroll projects as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or BA preferred; CPP preferred
- 4+ years payroll experience, proven track record of learning and ability to take on new responsibilities
- Advanced Excel skills required, pivots, vlookup and formulas to aid in analytics
- Preferred experience using Oracle HCM Fusion or other similar software with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software to support payroll processing.