Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Intrado is looking to hire a Payroll Manager in Omaha.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for training, supervising, and managing payroll staff; ensuring a high quality of service is provided to employees in an accurate and timely manner. This role will manage the activities involved in updating and maintaining ADP, Oracle HCM, Kronos, payroll interfaces and other payroll systems for changes and enhancements ensuring timely communication to subordinates
- Oversee the completion of all payroll activities necessary to produce accurate payroll checks, voluntary and involuntary deductions, and all internal and external reports
- Oversee the reconciliation of payroll reports to submittals to taxing authorities and third-party benefit providers
- Ensure documentation of all payroll activities and necessary forms, reports, etc. are filed in an organized and timely manner
- Properly interpret, support and communicate to subordinates approved payroll, corporate, and departmental policies and procedures including keeping up-to-date on applicable federal, state and international wage and hour and tax laws
- Review internal controls to ensure they meet control objectives and to ensure controls are being followed by subordinate staff
- Ensure adequate staffing at assigned locations including coordinating with appropriate Human Resources department for recruitment, hiring, and orientation
- Ensure on-the-job-employee training is effectively conducted for subordinate staff
- Provide input to the Leadership regarding the respective portion of the annual budget in a detailed, accurate, and timely manner
- Review the monthly variance reports resolving any discrepancies
- Operate and execute procedures and processes, within area of responsibility, in accordance with the established company policies and internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR)
- Ensure staff performs time clock maintenance which includes synchronization of clocks with the payroll systems
- Oversee the dataflow through payroll systems/applications and ensure the information in the payroll database is as accurate as possible