The Payroll team is responsible for all activities required to complete the payroll process. The Payroll Specialist will work as part of the Payroll team and will be primarily responsible for maintaining and processing all aspects of the biweekly payroll. This position works collaboratively with all departments, including Human Resources, Benefits, Finance, Accounts Payable and third party administrators to ensure accurate and timely payrolls utilizing the Infor/Lawson HR system.
- Assist Payroll Manager in day-to-day data collection, preparation and export of pay data files in accordance with the timelines outlined in the production scheduled.
- Review, file, maintain, and audit payroll reports.
- If applicable, review and sign off on employee time submissions for transmission to ADP, as directed by the Payroll Manager.
- Work with other teams as needed to research and respond to escalated employee inquiries.
- Assist with payroll related internal Client communications.
- Work with internal departments in troubleshooting payroll related inquiries.
- Assist Payroll Manager with the development and maintenance of internal client policy documentation relative to payroll processing.
- College degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent experience in computerized payroll functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- 3-5 years of payroll and accounting experience
- Above average computer literacy e.g. Excel and Word
- Knowledge of payroll processes including pay calculations, tax geographical location (state, territory, etc.) taxation rules, etc.
- Infor/Lawson HCM experience highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications