- Reviews and imports employee time cards into the payroll system or via spreadsheets completed and approved by the Business Unit.
- Checks figures for accuracy and necessary approvals.
- Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and makes any necessary adjustments. Obtains necessary approvals.
- Prints, sorts, and distributes payroll checks to clinic offices for on-cycle and off-cycle check runs.
- Communicates with the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes. Makes updates as necessary.
- Processes special payrolls including the annual bonus and year-end adjustment payrolls.
- Researches and resolves questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as PTO and ESL, banking, garnishments, employment verifications, workers compensation, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, and other changes.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- Associate's Degree with emphasis on business or bookkeeping preferred.
- 2 years experience with computerized payroll processing.
- Experience with ADP,Peoplesoft HR/Payroll system and Kronos a plus.
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to handle with highly confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
Ledgent is a full service accounting and finance placement firm offering temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire staffing services. We are dedicated to making life better for the people we serve. For our staffing associates, this means providing you with a unique combination of benefits, career resources and training. From the moment you step into a Ledgent branch office to your first assignment and beyond, your Ledgent Team is there for you, every step of the way. Consisting of friendly staffing professionals who take the time to get to know you, we are expert at matching the right job with your unique personality, skills, and expectations.Apply now to be considered for this position and to make an appointment today or visit our Website www.ledgent.com for other available positions.
For immediate consideration, please forward a Word attachment of your resume [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.