As the Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the preparation, processing, and accuracy of bi-weekly payroll for over 500 associates. This role will process new hires, transfers, and terminations, calculate/prepare general ledger entries, determine/correct out-of-balance conditions, and process involuntary deductions such as garnishments and levies. Provide customer service excellence to all customers and clients, as well as, various external partners and providers. This includes the ability to resolve associate inquiries regarding payroll & time-keeping policies and practices.
ADP Workforce experience is preferred.
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data using ADP Workforce Now to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Ensure transactions are in compliance with internal and external payroll, tax and wage and hour laws, policies and practices.
- Review timecard exception reports and work with management to resolve discrepancies.
- Complete payroll calculations for retroactive payroll adjustments, terminations and other exception processing.
- Perform data input to payroll system for miscellaneous payments and other changes including deduction and tax withholding. Process commissions, bonuses and other ancillary payments.
- Check, audit, and maintain payroll & timekeeping records in conformance with established standards.
- Answer and field incoming calls and email inquiries. Address and resolve employee inquiries relating to iPay, PTO accruals, etc.
- Exercise discretion on sensitive payroll matters related to paycheck garnishments.
- Participation on cross-functional initiatives within the HR Department, when needed.
- Respond to all internal and external audit requests for information and supporting documentation.
- Plan for and complete end of year payroll tasks timely.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.