Sr. Payroll Systems Analyst - Secaucus, New Jersey - M-F 8a-5p
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Senior Payroll System Analyst role is responsible for supporting the Corporate Payroll Operations and Tax teams by ensuring appropriate system functionality of Oracle HCM to perform periodic payrolls and tax reporting. The Senior Payroll System Analyst is responsible for collaborating with internal and external partners & collecting requirements for the Business Requirement Document, solutioning & resolving defects, recommending & implementing enhancements, performing unit and user acceptance testing, and creating change control.
The Senior Payroll System Analyst requires expertise in complex payroll, timekeeping, benefit and accounting functions, as well as general auditing and payroll tax experience. This knowledge will be applied to technically support the related payroll, payroll tax, benefits and accounting teams and systems. Under minimal direction, makes technical decisions regarding interpretation of data, facts, procedures, policy, tax and DOL laws. Responsibility for on-going system analysis, Oracle Fusion system updates and enhancements to the in-house payroll, tax filing and timekeeping systems and their related reports and interfaces, in conjunction with HRIS and IT. Researches data problems as well as operational issues, assists with tax reporting, and provides ad hoc reporting as needed. Leads and/or supports projects such as acquisition integrations, benefits initiatives, system upgrades and year end.
- Researches high level inquiries or system errors for the bi-weekly payroll processing as the first point of escalation for payroll supervisor. These systems include both Oracle HCM and Kronos Workforce Central. Leads in special payrolls, such as the PTO payout and bonus payroll process, including merging input files and implementing audits and controls. Utilizes systems tools to import hours/earnings/deductions from various vendors and internal departments.
- Supports bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly tax reporting, year-end W-2 processing and Worksite reporting. By keeping current on payroll tax laws and requirements, ensures compliance by developing electronic solutions for tax filing and reconciliation.
- Interprets, tests and implements all Oracle updates as well as major system version upgrades. May develop methodology, tools and procedures to ensure integration between applications and regulations/policies. Provides recommendations and creates or updates documentation and system training relative to system modifications and/or enhancements. Facilitates testing of system updates with taxing authorities to ensure compliance.
- Prepares detailed design and programming specifications for automated payroll programs and interfaces. Provides payroll reports using ad hoc report writer product (Oracle Business Intelligence), to meet specific needs of local business units or corporate departments such as payroll operations, compensation, human resources, benefits, accounting, etc. Recommends new interfaces or programs and revisions to existing programs. Submits and manages change requests for Payroll and/or Kronos Workforce Central enhancements.
- Leads and/or supports the acquisition project team from a payroll perspective. Utilizes MS Project to maintain timely and accurate details of the project. Keeps manager informed of critical deadlines and engages support where necessary. Leads various projects for process improvement or new endeavors which may include outside vendors (payroll, benefits and/or HR). Supports and/or leads the interdepartmental year end project plan.
- Researches complex payroll and timekeeping calculation and processing questions that may relate to garnishment processing, taxation, reversals, adjustments or off-cycle check processing utilizing in depth knowledge of the systems. May run test payrolls to duplicate issues or enlist the support of HR systems, Oracle Global support. Recommends resolutions to the Sr. Payroll Manager or Director, Payroll.
- Maintains the Time and Attendance system as needed. Tests all new system set ups and troubleshoots issues. Tests all requests for service related to WorkForce Central ensuring DOL and company policy compliance. Tests WFC interfaces and makes process change recommendations as needed. Works on implementation team for integrations of groups new to WFC. Supports WFC reporting for BU controllers, HR and payroll customers.
- Updates and maintains payroll related configuration and tables such as companies, pay groups, earnings, deductions, localities, taxation definitions. Ensures proper set up for new deductions, taxes & earnings (i.e. taxation, wage reporting & benefit eligibility).
- Creates and updates documentation for payroll system related processes and procedures. Reviews system requirements with payroll leadership to ensure appropriate levels of knowledge are maintained and distributed. Conducts training sessions on software or system procedures as needed.