Payroll System Analyst
The incumbent should have a strong sense of urgency needed in a fast-paced environment. Work within the Oracle HCM Cloud environment will require a strong desire and aptitude for continued learnings. The incumbent has the responsibility for on-going analysis, system updates and enhancements to the Oracle HCM Cloud payroll system. Supports related reports and interfaces, in conjunction with HRIT. Researches system or process defects, acts as liaison with HR Service Center. Resolves processing errors as well as operational issues. Provides scheduled and ad hoc reporting as needed. Provides support for payroll processing issues, functional system questions and training. May lead small projects within the team, including requirements gathering, documentation, testing and oversight of production migration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes or runs payroll reports using Oracle HCM Cloud report tool as well as Kronos WFC, to meet specific needs of corporate departments, human resources, benefits, accounting etc.
- Assists in research of payroll calculation questions, testing of system upgrades, new interfaces or programs, such as new benefit programs, Fidelity interface, etc. in conjunction with HRIT. Supports payroll department with regard to payroll system functionality questions, tax changes, accounting or entitlement issues, general ledger accounts, etc.
- Supports the bi-weekly payroll process through interface and other system processing, researching calculation errors and supporting the centralized payroll staff.
- Supports quarterly tax reporting, Worksite and year-end W-2 processing, including testing tax updates and maintaining configuration tax tables.
- Analyzes discrepancies with ESPP, 401K, year-to-date taxable wages and other vendor interfaces in collaboration with internal customers, in order to maintain correct payroll data and report properly and timely to outside vendors. Assists in the processing of bi-weekly interfaces and investigation of discrepancies. Ensures compliance with SOX controls.
- Creates and updates documentation for payroll processes and procedures as well as audit reports.
- Special projects as assigned including but not limited to M&A activity, on-going updated to Kronos WFC, system upgrades and processes and policy changes.
Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum of four years human resource/payroll experience in a large organization
Oracle HCM Cloud experience preferred
Proven ability to resolve issues within payroll and supporting systems.
Proficient in Excel, pivots, vlookup, charts, formulas.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written