Location: Phoenix, AZ
Salary: $30.00 - $40.00 ph
- Manages payroll Tax for all 50 states, employment tax and W-2 compliance ensuring that all appropriate tax returns and payments are made in a timely manner, including state tax setups.
- Ensures that 2000 employees are paid accurately and timely, while maintaining SOX, federal, state and local compliance. CALIFORNIA PAYROLL TAX EXPERIENCE A MUST
- Prepares all tax filings, payments and reconciliations on a bi-weekly and monthly basis and any inquiries from federal, state or local labor and tax agencies.
- Researches federal, state and local laws/regulations related to FLSA, payroll tax and benefits, and partners with Legal, Accounting, and People Services in implementing and administering plans to ensure compliance
- Ensures department is compliant in SOX policies and procedures
- Reconciles GL tax accounts and prepares related journal entries for accounting department on a monthly basis
- Responds to inquiries and notices from the federal, state and local labor and tax agencies on payroll related issues; ensures compliance with all such laws
- Assists with Biweekly Payroll Processing.
- Interprets and explains complex payroll tax information to all levels of the organization
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field highly preferred. May consider equivalent experience with demonstrated ability.
- CPA or CPP preferred
- Minimum three - five years multi-state tax experience required
- UltiPro Software ++
- Knowledge of accounting principles and SOX requirements
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws pertaining to payroll ,taxes and filings
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.