- Work directly with the Payroll Tax Manager on SAP payroll operations and compliance and help identify issues.
- Perform payroll tax reconciliations.
- Prepare and assist in Federal, State, and Local filings and check payments on a weekly and monthly basis for paper filings.
- Work closely with tax authorities and third-party garnishment vendors to identify and consult on regulations and compliance issues.
- Timely response of tax and garnishment notices.Analyze and prepare reports for the Tax Manager.
- Assist in the resolution of low to escalated issues and document root cause.
- Perform quality assurance testing of SUI tax rates and taxable wage base before updates are moved into the SAP production environment.
- Extract, import, and balance data for the payroll tax application.
- Upload ACH files and positive pay check issue files for tax and garnishment payments.
- Assist with the full cycle quarter-end process.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience in SAP payroll preferred
- Ability to research Federal and State Tax requirements
- Familiar with payroll related legislative requirements: taxes, withholding orders, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.