- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, four (4) years of experience involving quantitative analysis, analytical problem solving, metric development, and/or business strategy implementation.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience involving quantitative analysis, analytical problem solving, metric development, and/or business strategy implementation.
- Experience in transportation or transit industries
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Performance Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development, collection, analysis, documentation, and communication of performance measures in cooperation with other departments and offices that support Metro's strategic goals. This position works cross departmentally to access, compile and report on performance measurement data. The Performance Analyst operates under minimal supervision in support of the Director, Small Business Programs Office. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide staff support in the areas of strategic plan implementation and execution, performance measurement reporting, and supervision of consultant activities.
- Collects and analyzes data to establish data quality and reliability. Formulates data gathering protocols for recording, evaluating, and reporting. Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of collecting data.
- Assists in aggregating and interpreting performance data.
- Effectively summarizes quantitative and qualitative analyses into formats appropriate for a range of audiences. Reconfigures existing reports as necessary.
- Collects data to support changes to existing policies and procedures as needed.
- Analyzes current business processes and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and make recommendations for improvement to maximize efficiency.
- Performs quantitative analyses to evaluate service delivery processes, costs, and service standards.
- Performs gap and risk analysis to identify and prioritize areas for organizational performance improvement.
- Communicates to stakeholders regarding new tools, reports, capabilities, and changes.
- The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.