- Provide quality releases for our stakeholders.
- Ensure a positive user experience for our customers by performing load and performance testing across multiple products to verify that our applications meet industry standards for reliability and response time.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production performance issues reported by customers and Support teams.
- Provide detailed insight into performance test strategy across multiple products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide functional and technical expertise as it pertains to performance testing within a product domain.
- Contribute to establishing, revising and verifying performance testing standards, processes, and procedures.
- Work with business analysts, development teams and Support engineers to gather and document system requirements related to performance and system load.
- Lead the creation of load and performance test plans to capture test requirements, assumptions and test conditions.
- Design, create and maintain load and performance test scripts using NeoLoad and other performance test tools.
- Execute load and performance tests against web-based applications, web service interfaces, and back-end server components.
- Analyze test data and system metrics.
- Document test results identifying and reporting performance issues.
- Develop testing tools to simulate production data and drive testing of key system components.
- Provide technical assistance to interface and system integration test efforts across Quest Diagnostics systems.
- Identify production metrics important to performance/load testing efforts.
- Collect metrics and perform trend analysis.
- Hands-on experience testing both on premise and cloud-based application deployments.
- Knowledge in APM tools - Dynatrace, AppDynamics and Site-scope
- Java and .Net Engineering:
Bottle neck analysis
JVM Analysis and tuning (Thread, Heap and GC)
- Able to perf tune cloud applications and provide cloud auto scale recommendations
- Certifications in Azure cloud a plus.
- Container knowledge and Kubernetes applications testing knowledge
- Demonstrable knowledge of network protocols, application security, and multi-tier cloud application architectures.
- Working knowledge of building and testing with CI/CD pipeline for Performance Testing.
- Identify and champion process improvements.
- Train and mentor junior level testers to develop a strong team environment.
No direct reports
Bachelor's degree (BS) or greater in applicable field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ year’s of experience executing software load and performance testing in an enterprise environment.
- Working experience with Neoload or equivalent performance testing tool.
- One year minimum experience testing applications hosted in Cloud.
- One year minimum experience working with an APM tool.
- Working experience building CI/CD pipeline for Performance testing.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.