A highly-skilled work force like NSA continually needs professional Educators and Training Experts to advance our employees career development. Positions ranging from Career Advisors to Curriculum Managers to Instructional Designers currently exist.
DCIPS DisclaimerThe National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
How To Apply - ExternalTo apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information. Performance Improvement Consultants partner with Agency leadership to provide strategic support to help organization improve performance by analyzing situations, identifying gaps, and proposing solutions.
Description of Position
Performance Improvement Consultants play a vital role and:
- Serve as a performance change agent, influence stakeholder decisions by 'selling' strategic performance concepts.
- Conduct front-end analyses and needs assessments; implement surveys.
- Use a variety of performance strategies, tools, and interventions (i.e., organizational development, needs or trend analysis, needs assessment, training evaluation, etc.) to implement change, monitor solution implementation, and assure organizational success.
- Analyze organizational or project/program performance indicators to identify key areas for improvement.
- Design and implement data collection methodologies to assess organizational needs (e.g., organizational occupational structure, training needs, organizational climate, effectiveness) employing professionally accepted practices and standards.
- Develop performance measures to monitor progress toward organizational or program/project goals and objectives. Work cohesively as part of a team.
- Use best practices to improve Customer Experience throughout the organization.
- Support the organization or program in creating and sustaining a strong customer focus and high expectations for performance.','jobQualifications':null,'jobSkillsInternal':'The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, and interpersonal skills and is:
- customer service & requirements oriented
- listens to, and shows appreciation for, alternative ideas and approaches
- seeks out, evaluates, and integrates a variety of perspectives
- educates others on assessment/evaluation processes, benefits, and potential issues
- able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- an influencing/negotiating agent
- proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Excel, Word)
Pay, Benefits, & Work ScheduleWork Schedule: Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 (flexible).
Position SummaryA highly-skilled work force like NSA continually needs professional Educators and Training Experts to advance our employees career development. Positions ranging from Career Advisors to Curriculum Managers to Instructional Designers currently exist.