PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Models Unifi's Safety goals, mission, vision and values and promotes adherence through various methods of communication.
- Leads and supports an employee-engaged culture.
- Oversees and coordinates team activities to ensure a safe, reliable, efficient and effective operation.
- Monitors and enforces safe and compliant working environment in accordance with TSA, DOT, USPS and OSHA regulations and all applicable laws.
- Enforces Company policies and procedures including corrective action and promotes Unifi policy on Equal Employment Opportunity, Anti-Harassment and diversity initiatives.
- Assists in recruiting, administrative, payroll, employee scheduling, and general administrative duties.
- Monitors staffing and overtime use and operational and financial performance of assigned shift/station.
- Promotes team building initiatives and performs coaching/mentoring activities to develop and motivate team members.
- Ensures information is communicated in a clear, comprehensive manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Aviation Management or related field is preferred. Previous experience leading a team is desired.
- Ability to solve problems and influence people across all functional areas.
- Outstanding facilitator and communicator; lead innovation by teaching, consensus-building, and project execution.
- Ability to lead and demonstrate initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid decision-maker with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be self-starting on tasks within area of expertise.
Must be 18 years of age; eligible to work in US; able to pass pre-employment drug screen, FBI criminal and USPS background check; and complete ramp and SIDA training to obtain airport authority identification security badge. LICENSE(S): Must possess a valid Driver’s License for operating ground support equipment.