SGS isthe world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certificationcompany. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 officesand laboratories around the world.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible forhardware & test development activities.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
•TheEngineer works with test operations team to diagnose and resolve problems with test equipment.
•TheEngineer working with operations seeks to develop commonoperational tasks, develops and improves test procedures.
• Direct allaspects of burner/electrodynamic shaker testing projects• Leads data quality checking and data delivery• Perform data analysis and interpret results to help guide experiments
• Diagnoses and resolves test cell equipment problems ina timely manner
• Clearly communicateswith Technicians the projectrequirements and timing
• Work with customers to definetest requirements and develop test plans
• Be accountable formeeting test and development project objectives and meeting quality objectives.
• Work with Technicians to conducttests and maintain test celloperation closely following the defined process.
• Configure the test cell automation systemfor testing, including channel set-up,calibration, programming of test sequences, and set-up of measurement instruments
• Coordinate with Operations to ensurecombustion air, engine cooling, fueling, electrical, and emissions samplingsubsystems are adequate for each project
• Ensure bestengineering practices are followed
• Update internal procedures and develop new proceduresas required
• Quality check all test cell configurations,programming, and test data
• Seek opportunities to improve thesafety of the laboratories andprocesses. Develop and carry out tasks to continuouslyimprove the safety of the operation.
• Reviews requirements andspecifications from users, managers, customers, and other stakeholders.
• Reviews andunderstands the governing requirements and specification from ISO, SAE, US EPA, state government, UL, ETL, or other agencies and organizations.
• Identifiespotential quality issues and risk factors.
• Identifies actual or potentialdeficiencies and areas for improvementin accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or responsiveness, and advocating for appropriate improvement actions with seniormanagement.
SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, one of the ten businesses in the US, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services. QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree and/or technical experience equivalence.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience working within the field of Quality at various levels.
- A variety of experience in more than one field, i.e., automotive, testing, validation, machining and electronics or aerospace, medical, etc.
- Ability to teach and train quality tools, hands on experience in all areas of QA and QC
- Detailed oriented and strong inspection/observation skills