The Relationship Manager I (RM I) primary role is to consult with members. They will consult with members to identify needs, refer appropriate products/solutions, and follow up on pending transactions. Meeting and exceeding performance goals and revenue targets will be part of their Minimum Performance Standards. It will also be their responsibility to identify and report any suspicious behavior or suspected fraud activity. The RM I position performs a wide variety of duties related to handling member transactions including but not limited to; opening and closing all types of deposit and loan accounts (including HELOCS), posting deposits, withdrawals, and loan/VISA payments, performing account transfers, recommending other products and services, and any kind of account maintenance. All transactions are expected to be accurate and completed in a timely manner in order to ensure that Credit Union Member Service goals are achieved. The RM I position profiles the member’s account to recommend product and service solutions including; Investment Services, Insurance Products, First Mortgages, and car buying service. This role’s primary focus is the member experience and is expected to represent Nuvision Federal Credit Union in a positive and professional manner at all times, showing mutual respect while working with and collaborating with others to build strong relationships internally within the organization and externally with our members. They must maintain confidentiality with member information, pay attention to detail, demonstrate sound judgment, and act with tact and diplomacy.
- Consults with members. Identifies needs, offers solutions, and follows up on any pending transactions. Holds conversations that matter with members either in person or over the phone.
- Inputs, processes and funds all consumer loan types: Closed-end Signature, LOC, VISA, Automobile, Personal, Toy, RV, HELOCS and Other Secured. Recommends other products and services such as ancillary products as appropriate from having conversations that matter with members.
- Calls on various call reports to garnish more business. This can be done during the work day and during scheduled call nights throughout the month.
- Performs various RM duties including but not limited to: Opening all new Member Accounts; Savings, Checking, Money Market, Trust, Certificates, and IRA. Completes all appropriate forms such as Account Cards, Certificate Application and Agreement, Trust Application and Agreement, Certificate of Trust, etc. Recommends other products and services as appropriate from having conversations that matter with members.
- Performs a wide variety of account maintenance including but not limited to: changes of address, name changes, adding/updating account set up, adding/updating joint owners, adding/updating beneficiaries, closing accounts, processing deceased accounts and notary services.
- Identifies and reports any suspicious behavior or suspected fraud activity.
- Completes all required training and compliance modules.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities and Credit Union events such as: Car Sales, Open House and Open Enrollments contributing to the achievement of organizational objectives as well as department and individual goals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Treats all team members and members with respect.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- 12 months experience in a similar position having prior loan experience and reaching service and performance goals.
- Working knowledge of deposit/ loan products (Trust, IRA, certificates, loans/Loans PQ – loans decisions system).
- Proven ability to garner business.
- Proficiency in the operations of a PC and the capability to work efficiently in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in person and over the phone.
- Member service and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen, understand, and anticipate member needs.
- Willingness to make a difference.
- Genuine interest in helping members through Conversations that Matter and have an empathetic and caring nature.
- Personable and professional.
- Successful completion of all compliance related coursework.
- NMLS Registered
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent