For over 80 years, Segal has been a leader in organizational and human resource consulting. Our clients are employers and plan sponsors of all sizes covering millions of employees in dozens of industries. As an independent privately and employee-owned firm, we have a relentless commitment to the success of our people, clients and company. Our mission is simple: We deliver trusted advice that improves lives. As a part of our team, you will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, experts and...nice. Headquartered in New York, Segal has offices throughout the US and in Canada. We believe that a collaborative and diverse workforce best meets the needs of our business and clients, so we offer competitive pay and benefits that attract the best in our field.
We are recruiting for a Pharmacist to join the East Region. We are open to geographic location and remote/virtual working options.
Primary responsibilities will involve ongoing and special project client consulting. Candidate will also support regional and national efforts to advance pharmacy benefits-related tools and applications that enhance the practice-related consulting capabilities, deliverables and services. The Senior Consultant must be a self-starter with excellent communication and negotiation skills and demonstrated experience handling multiple projects and assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The right individual will have the opportunity to be a key contributor in a segment of our employee benefits business that is undergoing significant growth and viewed as integral to the Company26rsquo;s client value proposition. The role will support Segal offices and clients in the East Region. Candidate will report to East Region leadership and will coordinate with the national pharmacy practice, other pharmacy experts and consultants.
Key responsibilites include:
- Assuming a lead or co-lead role in PBM procurement projects for public, corporate and multiemployer clients.
- Providing technical review and clinical analysis of PBM data, contracts, financial arrangements and PBM program effectiveness.
- Interacting and building consultative rapport with Segal client relationship managers and technical analysts in the region as well as national pharmacy staff.
- Intentionally sharing knowledge and teaching other consulting staff.
- Supporting the growth of Segal26rsquo;s pharmacy consulting business by working with others to identify and cultivate existing and new client opportunities and assisting with sales and marketing initiatives, including proposal writing.
- Performing as the lead PBM consultant or clinical lead on client assignments and managing PBM-related client projects and service delivery initiatives (e.g., proposals, audits, negotiations, contract reviews, etc.) as needed.
- Developing and refining processes to increase consulting efficiency.
- Designing and delivering creative pharmacy benefit client solutions and plan designs.
- Supporting Pharmacy Benefit initiatives of a national nature as needed.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or RPh degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience preferably within a PBM and/or benefits consulting environment providing technical review and analysis of PBM data, contracts, proposals, financial arrangements and PBM program effectiveness.
- In-depth knowledge of PBM providers, products, services, financial, data reporting, contracting and negotiating elements and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products to include Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical/analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated project management and multi-tasking abilities