Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Pharmacy Care Coordinator, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Demonstrate the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality of information while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Promptly and accurately does benefits investigations
- Highlight any important notes / requests from the provider in the case
- Prioritize and organizes cases to be processed in timely manner proportionate with the need by date
- Accurately enter orders into the pharmacy system
- Verify validity of prescriptions and documents verification per company procedures
- Contact the physician's office to communicate clinical information when needed
- Notifies pharmacist of relevant clinical information gathered during calls to provider or patient
- Forwards cases to Financial Assistance Team if financial assistance is needed
- Verify secondary insurance with each prescription that requires billing a secondary plan
- Work with physician offices to facilitate the process of obtaining prior authorization from third party payers in order to maximize patient’s access to treatment
- Monitor, follow up with and record all pending insurance prior authorizations to expedite processing time
- Contact patients to arrange delivery of medication; verifies delivery address and collect payment information
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients and medical professionals via phone, written communication or in person
- High School Diploma or GED
1+ years of experience with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 6+ months of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
California Pharmacy Technician License
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you consult with and coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, refill orders and prior authorizations, confirm prescription orders and information for the automated fulfillment for accuracy. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential. The role also requires you to monitor products that have been recalled to ensure safety protocols are followed.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, oncology, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, Sacramento