You’ve heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. Here at OptumRx we’ve earned the trust of more than 65 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyle. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from members who have questions about their prescriptions and you’ll use your personality and our tools to make each call successful. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
- Respond to incoming calls from our customers on issues related to benefit eligibility questions and prescription status inquiries
- Guide and educate callers on their prescription benefits, use of plan, formulary, premiums and status of orders and claims or inquiries
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively while documenting required information in computer systems
- Identify issues and communicate solutions and steps to customers, pharmacies and physicians with prescription orders and reorders
- Make outbound calls to customers on prescription orders and payment issues
- This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to member prescription and/or pharmacy benefits across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: UnitedHealth Group, OptumRX, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Pharmacy, PBM, Pharmacy Benefit Management, inbound calls, Call Center