The Pharmacy Manager will manage the day to day activities within the department to include daily fulfillment operations, clinical operations, regulatory compliance, business literacy and committee involvement.
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Program.
- Knowledge of contemporary hospital/clinical practice and service.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with general hospital operations and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of computers (word processing etc.), technology, and automation systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, and support personnel.
- Ability to define departmental or program problems/needs and associated solutions.
- Ability to integrate clinical and distributive pharmacy services with quality improvement, teaching, research, and professional development activities.
- Teaching and precepting skills and expertise in experiential training. Project and change management skills.
- Personal leadership qualities and business acumen essential to operate effectively within the institution and advance the profession and practice of pharmacy.
- Clinical, operational, and administrative experience 5-7 years in a hospital setting.
- Pharmacy leadership experience required, with formal leadership training or supervisory experience preferred.
- Completion of ASHP accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice preferred
- Pharmacist License from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, (RPh)