Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life - saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included
- May also perform drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units
Clerks, Techs and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation:
- Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system
- Contact members / patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on-site facilities
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system, verifies whether order / drug is reimbursable/covered
- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.
- Calibrate dosing pumps
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- PTCB national certification or willingness to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work Monday - Friday from (9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST) with the ability to work occasional Saturdays
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- CPR + Software Experience
- 1+ years of Home Infusion Experience
- Previous pharmacy / prescription data entry experience