The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world. As a Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast-paced, high-volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer system, verifies whether order is reimbursable. Dispenses any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals and injectables; may compound medications. Consults with customers, patients and / or physicians regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions. Consultations may be telephonic or in person. Reviews and approves / denies requests for prescription prior authorizations. Pharmacists must have a current license without restrictions and Pharmacy Technicians must have current state license or national certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Kansas Pharmacy Technician Licensing (or ability to obtain licensure within 90 days of employment)
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be available to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday with overtime as needed. Overtime may be before, after, or on a different day than your normal scheduled shift.
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.