Join Us at Our Virtual Pharmacy Job Fair!
Thursday, November 21st, 2019 from 11am to 1pm, MST
Targeting Pharmacy Candidates in Woodinville, WA, Phoenix, AZ, and Overland Park, KS!
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting Pharmacy Technician opportunities! Register here for the event.
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Pharmacy Care Technician, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Demonstrate the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality of information while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Promptly and accurately does benefits investigations
- Highlight any important notes / requests from the provider in the case
- Prioritize and organizes cases to be processed in timely manner proportionate with the need by date
- Accurately enter orders into the pharmacy system
- Verify validity of prescriptions and documents verification per company procedures
- Contact the physician's office to communicate clinical information when needed
- Notify pharmacist of relevant clinical information gathered during calls to provider or patient
- Forward cases to Financial Assistance Team if financial assistance is needed
- Notify Pharmacist to transfer prescriptions that can no longer be filled at AOS / Avella to appropriate pharmacy along with notifying the provider and the patient. Follow up with transfer until a resolution is reached
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License in Arizona or Pharmacy Technician Trainee License
- 6+ months of customer service or call center experience
- 6+ months of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you consult with and coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, refill orders and prior authorizations, confirm prescription orders and information for the automated fulfillment for accuracy. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential. The role also requires you to monitor products that have been recalled to ensure safety protocols are followed.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, oncology, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, call center