What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems, and other integrated healthcare providers.
Day Shift: Monday- Friday, Closed Door Pharmacy
- Maintains knowledge of and abides by applicable pharmacy laws and regulations.
- Assists the Pharmacist in filling prescription orders, as permitted by the State Boards of Pharmacy.
- Prepares medications for dispensing, packaging and shipment.
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Enters medical supply orders in pharmacy system
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Processes returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Input patient data and prescription information into pharmacy information management system.
- As permitted by applicable state laws, take verbal prescription orders from licensed prescribers and transfer prescriptions between dispensing pharmacies.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Previous work experience required
- Certified Pharmacy Technician working in a retail, mail order, specialty, or hospital pharmacy environment
- Customer service skills
- Must be certified and registered in the state of TN (PTCB or NHA)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training, and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.