Phlebotomist (Part-Time) - Linwood, NJ - Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Rotational Saturday)
* Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required
The Patient Services Representative I (PSR I) represents the face of our company to patients who come to Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR I draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. The PSR I has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR I will demonstrate Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to work in a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house call environment, or as business needs dictate.
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
1. Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
2. Administer oral solutions according to established training.
3. Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
4. Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
5. Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
6. Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
7. Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
8. Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow instructions.
9. Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.
10. Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and data.
11. Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
12. Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
13. Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off normal shift.
14. Participate on special projects and teams.
15. Stay up-to-date on company communications.
1. Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
3. Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric.
4. Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
5. Committed to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures including company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
6. Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
7. Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout Quest; and knowledge of our business.
1. Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
2. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires long hours of eye and hand coordination.
3. Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand frequently to constantly throughout the day.
4. Position requires travel.
5. Extensive use of phone and PC.
6. Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
3. Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
1. One year phlebotomy experience preferred.
2. Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
3. Keyboard/data entry experience.