We are looking for you!
Our client located in Orange County is in need of a long term contract/temporary employee to work with their team!
We are looking for a Planner/Buyer
Our client is an innovative, customer focused designer of products they provide to the to Architectural Design and Building Industry
- Balances supply and demand plans to ensure both short-term and long-term forecast requirements are achieved
- Optimizes raw material inventory liability while maintaining continuity of supply in order to achieve world-class on time delivery for customers
- Coordinates daily raw material transfers between manufacturing facilities to ensure that components are staged to fulfill customer orders on time
- Maintains Approved Vendor List with component costs, MOQ's, lead times, and suppliers for all raw materials
- Provides regular status reports on full PO lifecycle to functional teams and management, as required
- Supports strategic negotiation efforts and develops negotiation trees for all key vendors and suppliers
- Manages new part number creation in NetSuite
- Creates Purchase Orders for both raw materials and outside processing suppliers to ensure that desired inventory stocking levels are met
- Follows up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Assists other supply chain functions as needed, such as NPI supply chain readiness, component cost down programs, and special customer requests
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems; NetSuite experience preferred
- Previous planning and scheduling experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.