Planning and Fulfillment Business Support Team Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This role involves aiding in the development of the planning and fulfillment processes, skills and tools, working to assist in performance improvement projects.
Reporting to the NEMA PF Business Support Manager, you will be supporting the development and ensure communication and implementation of the planning and fulfillment processes, skills, and tools. Lead performance improvement projects in areas such as inventory management, operations planning, material handling, and operational buying. Document, coach, mentor, and train process stakeholders including planning and fulfillment resources. Plan and manage projects requiring interface with information systems.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with the company's policies and procedures and are following health and safety guidelines
- Perform standard and ad hoc detailed analyses for planning and fulfillment metrics (inventory levels, on-time delivery, lead-time, forecast accuracy, resource utilization)
- Identify key root cause for non-performance and assists in driving overall process, system, tools and data improvement initiatives across NEMA, provide internal and external audit support and administers execution of internal controls as required to assure sustainability of systems and parameters
- Specific expertise in master data demand planning, operations planning, resource management, S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning), inventory management, logistics and distribution and short-term planning
- Establishes and shares best practices for their respective area and conducts benchmarking across similar organizations, facilitates day-to-day business resolving execution issues and contributes to the establishment of standards and best practices
- Oversight and improvement of GBS and plant execution and compile and distributes regular reporting as required
- SAP implementation testing (new versions and changed programs) and support the deployment of IS solutions for planning and fulfillment and supports the users and acts as a process owner
- Trains and coaches process stakeholders including planning and fulfillment resources and assists in developing the overall competency of the organization
- High School diploma, or GED-HS diploma and minimum 8 years of experience in sales, inventory, planning & fulfillment, operations planning, systems and processes OR
- Associates Degree and minimum 6 years of experience in sales, inventory, planning & fulfillment, operations planning, systems and processes OR
- Bachelors' Degree, preferably in Operations, Business, Supply Management, Engineering and minimum 4 years of experience required in sales, inventory, planning & fulfillment, operations planning, systems and processes
- Preferably with exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills. Six Sigma Green Belt, or higher certification with APICs or similar certification is preferred
- Strategic thinking with the ability to develop, implement, and document processes with proven leadership ability coupled with change management skills, Sense of urgency for change and improvement with a balanced approach to risk-taking and achieving results
- Travel required to plants in scope as well as occasional international (15-30%)
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s NEMA Motors Division markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading Baldor-Reliance® brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face. Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific solutions perform as expected, every time.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.