As an active member of the plant management team, the Plant Accountant (Belcamp, MD) is responsible for insuring the financial integrity of all activities. Specific responsibilities include month end closing, journal entries, variance analysis, reconciliation, budgeting and inventory control. The position will work closely with the Plant Manager on all accounting issues and interact daily with our Corporate Accounting group.
Accounting responsibilities include:
1. Development of the annual budget, annual standard cost updates, monthly, quarterly and annual income projections, monthly reports to management, month end closing, manual journal entries, direct/indirect costs, variance analysis, semi- annual physical inventory reconciliations, and various financial reports; supervise account payable activities.
2. Analyzes operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred, to project future revenues and expensesâ€”interacts with Field Sales to gather data and communicate plant needs
3. Warehouse, shipping and inventory control management including reporting Inventories by Location, Perpetual Inventories and Cycle Count Activities, inventory control including managing physical inventories twice a year, BOMS/Route, costing requests, etc.
4. Manage all aspects of the purchasing function
5. Manufacturing asset control, including annual verification
6. Participate, as requested, on plant or company project teams. Examples might be yield improvement projects
7. Development of local manufacturing metrics, including WCP , performance metrics and capacity analysis
8. Monthly closing responsibility, including review of local Goods Received/Invoice Received report, Plant's Indirect Labor Cost Center and Issuing Monthly plant Financials
9. Performing accounting tasks
10. Audits, contracts, and prepares reports to substantiate transactions prior to settlement.