Smithfield \u2013 is currently looking for a Plant Maintenance Technician for our facility in Sioux Falls, SD. We are a large manufacturing facility with over 3,400 employees located in a community renowned as one of the best places to live and work in the United States. As a major contributor to the bottom line of our Fortune 500 parent company, our facility continually strives to be a leader in all aspects of operations. Relocation assistance is available for those ready to join the Smithfield family.Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership skills and follow safe work practices
- Work as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs.
- Conduct routine audits and equipment inspections.
- Maintain open and professional line of communication with operations.
- Respond to unplanned/emergency work requests in a timely & effective manner.
- Follow food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- A High school diploma/GED and completion of a formal trades training program, or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience.
- Knowledge in three or more of the following areas:
- Electricity & motor control
- Controls & instrumentation
- PLC/software & hardware
- Pneumatics & Hydraulic
- Pipefitting & welding
- Mechanical system
- Preventive Maintenance
- Maintenance Planning
- Site utilities
- System analysis & troubleshooting
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently
Preference will be given to candidates with a certification or degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance and/or related college or technical level course work.EEO/AA Information
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits