Do you have experience in maintenance and repair of plant equipment, small engines, including hydraulic equipment? Perhaps warehousing experience, including shipping and receiving? Are you willing to operate material handling equipment including forklift, skid steer, and other equipment? Are you self-motivated and customer-focused? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and ingredients. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The primary function of the Plant Operations/Equipment Maintenance role is to carry out preventive maintenance and repairs of equipment to ensure that they are correct and in safe working order. Also assists with general duties of plant operations. To include but not limited to; stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, forklift, and general housekeeping. The role requires strong mechanical ability and aptitude. Must enjoy working with a diverse customer base in a fast-paced setting.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of plant equipment, small engines including hydraulic equipment and miscellaneous yard equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance work, such as checking oil and fluid levels on all equipment, replaces or repairs parts, such as bearings, belts, and chains, to avoid unnecessary repairs and down-time
- Maintains inventory records on repairs made, parts ordered, and parts inventory
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop
- Fabricate parts and equipment as required to meet functional needs.
- Perform safety inspections on all equipment
- Cleans the work area as necessary to maintain an organized and safe work environment
- Keep yard organized and neat
- Make use of all standard office equipment; Computer software and programs, Fax machines, copier machines, etc. to effectively perform all aspects of position responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in all company, Government and equipment related safety requirements and as directed in the employee handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalency degree
- 2 or more years of work experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of equipment
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Working knowledge of safety practices and procedures while making mechanical repairs
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude at all times
- Enjoys and embraces a diverse/variety of job duties and responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail along with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments/projects simultaneously to completion within deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed, ability to create effective working relationships with employees; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
hydraulics hydraulics hydraulics hydraulics hydraulics hydraulics hydraulics
Equipment Equipment Equipment Equipment Equipment Equipment Equipment
Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance
engines engines engines engines engines engines engines