Do you have experience in plant/facility production, quality control, and maintenance? Perhaps warehousing experience, including shipping and receiving? Are you willing to operate material handling equipment including forklift, skid steer and other equipment? Are you self-motivated and customer-focused? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and ingredients. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Assist in all aspects of plant operations and of warehouse operations duties. To include but not limited to; stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, forklift and general housekeeping. Role requires strong mechanical ability and aptitude. Must enjoy working with diverse customer base in a fast-paced setting.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs. while working in a non-climate controlled
- Good math and organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude at all times
- Enjoys and embraces a diverse/variety of job duties and responsibilities
- Person should be versatile, flexible, and willing
- Can effectively multi-task
- Work and contribute to a team approach/effort with a positive attitude and outlook
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Batch Plant Operation
- Properly interpret, and create fertilizer batch sheets
- Create custom fertilizer blends in the batch plant
- Properly label all custom blends
- Fill tanks and trucks as needed
- Coordinate with dispatcher scheduling of all out going fertilizer deliveries
- Work with Operations Manager on awareness and management of any contaminated loads
- Neatness and attention to detail on all paperwork, and seeing that it all returns to the office for processing
- Daily Maintenance and Cleanliness of all plant equipment and plant
- Other Duties
- Assist with shop repair work and equipment maintenance when needed
- Assist with deliveries of chemicals & fertilizers as needed
- Assist with pulling of orders and packaging of products for shipment
- Maintain accurate inventory records, ensuring no product leaves, or enters warehouse without necessary paperwork
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.