Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Purpose of the job:
Quality Supervisor position is to be the internal plant lead on daily quality operations. The role is considered the key backup to the Quality Manager.
- Main Quality presence in the manufacturing area
- Highly engaged with daily quality issue resolution
- Assist/Lead in daily changeovers
- Involvement in equipment tooling adjustments
- Facilitate action items identified in the morning production meeting
- Complete equipment overhaul set-up/follow-up checks
- Assist Production Supervisor with on crew production issues and reporting
- Reviews Data
- Verify critical alarms and percent checks done are answered/completed in accordance with plant goal
- Monitor and report OOS/OOC alarms
- Metal trial organization, data collections, and data entry
- Gauge Responsibility
- Maintain the Metrology System in accordance with plant and corporate procedure
- Perform weekly gauge verifications
- Coordinate gauge servicing
- Troubleshoot/repair gauge issues
- Notice of Complaints (NOC) System Management & Hold for Inspection (HFI) Events
- Customers & Suppliers complaints entry
- Provide root cause and corrective actions for NOC and HFI events
- Verification follow-ups on corrective actions
- Verify correct HFI procedures are being followed
- Collect/Submit Customer samples, data (Certificate of Compliance and Certificate of Analysis) as required
- Make visits as needed
- Voice of Customers surveys conducted as needed
- Monitor customer Defective Material Report system for issues and acknowledge as needed
- Audit Preparation & Management
- Perform internal audits on ISO procedures and Safe Quality Food policies
- Customer audit prep
- Warehouse (Internal & External)
- Safe Quality Food audit prep
- Primary Supplier Quality lead
- Non-conforming Supplier Product, Supplier NOC
- Supplier complaint resolution: entry and tracking
- Incoming shipments inspection
- Material Trial management, data collection and approval
- Backup for the Quality Manager when Quality Manager is out of the plant
- Performs projects assigned by Quality Manager
- Flexible to work off-shift/weekends when needed
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams
- Perform training sessions with workforce on procedures, gauges, and defect recognition
- Manage equipment issues in parallel with the production supervisor
- Lead Good Manufacturing Audits (GMP)
- Can and/or End manufacturing, familiarity with beverage industry packaging operations
- Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt: minimum working knowledge of tools
- GMP, ISO, and SQF Audit experience
- Understanding of Safe Quality Food and ISO 9000 standards
- Undergraduate degree
- Associates degree, or technical equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in quality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and work hands on in a lean environment.
- Excellent communications written and verbal.
- Ability to relate and communicate to entire organization.
- Ability to understand and apply Basic Statistics and Specifications.
- Ability to read, understand and train procedures.
- Limited travel (up to15%).
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.