The position requires 2-3 years clerical experience including some experience with bookkeeping or accounting, excellent attention to detail, outstanding customer service skills, and working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Testing Required: basic office skills including math, filing, proofreading, Word, Excel, and Customer Service Call Center Survey.
- Assists with processing incoming mail and policy information.
- Prepares correspondence for policyholders and/or Agents on any reinstatements. Assists with correspondence on policy changes. Handles correspondence for special projects as required.
- Handles annual renewable term premium increases to include correspondence to policyholder and/or agent.
- Assists Policy Change Specialists with processing of non-taken policies to include correspondence to agents and policyholders.
- Assists with quoting rates for new insurance by phone correspondence; assists applicants in applying for new policies when no agent is available; explains all policies, provisions, plus various riders by phone and correspondence as required.
- Analyzes, composes and types replies to correspondence pertaining to policy information. Explains policy provisions, plus various riders, by phone and correspondence as requested.
- Assists with keying information for 1099 reporting on surrenders and 1035 exchanges. Assists with balance of report before printing of the 1099 can be completed. Checks the output to determine if it is accurate and is ready for mailing. Reports problems.
- Processes surrenders, loans, duplicate policies, change of beneficiary, and/or owner which includes requesting check, updating system, and correspondence to policyholder and agent.
- Handles daily manual bank drafts for policies which includes setting up a new bank drafts in both bank and computer systems. Makes changes to existing bank drafts on both bank and systems.
- Handles loan payments in system which includes manual payments and EFT payments through bank and systems.
- Processes/calculates manually premium amounts, loan interest, and correspondence in system three times a month.
- Processes delinquent loan interest in system three times a month. Manual process includes addition unpaid loan interest to outstanding policy loan and sending correspondence.
- Responsible for validation of specific reports utilized.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
Reminder: Due to insurance nature of this organization they do not hire Nicotine users. They do not hire anyone who has used nicotine in any form during the last 12 months.
PLEASE NOTE: A background and drug screen/nicotine check will be conducted once an offer for employment is made. If you have the above experience and can commit to 4-6 months of work, please apply and send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.